Spread the love
Prottyashi NGO career opportunity
|Position: Upazila Coordinator |
Number of Post: 01
Location of Posting: Chattogram
Contract Duration: Initially till 31st December 2023 with possibility of further extention depending on the performance and funding availability.
Prottyashi, A social development organization has been working for the development of disadvantaged population of the country since its establishment and currently been implementing a project to ensure safe, orderly and regular migration for the returnee migrants, migrant workers, potential migrants and their family members with the funding and technical support of Helvetas Bangladesh. Prottyashi invites applications for the vacant position titled- Upazilla Coordinator for “Strengthened and Informative Migration Systems (SIMS)” Project.
Upazilla Coordiantor will report to Project Manager. S/He has to maintain functional relationship with his/her peers, project teams and organization’s other priority teams. S/He must be able to communicate with other teams and units both program and operational of the organization.
* Coordinate and manage the implementation of the activities to promote safe migration, accessto justice and remittance management at the upazila and union level.
* Select and group targeted project beneficiaries e.g. returnee migrants, migrant households,aspirant migrants and their families with the support of social mobilizers.
* Organize the awareness raising interventions i.e. awareness campaigns, popular theatreshows, video shows etc. at the upazila and union level.
* Organize and facilitate pre-employment orientations for the aspirant migrants at the upazila andunion level and refer the participants to the TTCs to receive pre-departure orientation.
* Organize and mobilize the beneficiaries for receiving pre-departure orientations at the TTCs.
* Provide support on the formation of grievance management committees through organizing personnel from relevant stakeholders.
* Receive, record and refer the complaints of the project beneficiaries to Grievance Management Committees for ensuring access to justice for the complainants.
* Find out sub-agents at the upazila level and organize them for sensitization training.
* Maintain coordination and communication with public and private stakeholders at the upazilaand union level i.e. UP, UDC, CTC, upazila parishad, upazila department of youth development,travel agents, sub-agents etc. to keep them engaged in promoting safe migration activities of the project.
* Organize the beneficiaries to receive financial literacy training and business development training to be facilitated by the relevant service providers.
* Maintain communication with financial service and business development service providers to promote the productive use of the resources of the project beneficiaries.
* Maintain regular supervision of the business enterprises of the beneficiaries and provide them with necessary recommendations to make their enterprises sustainable.
* Select and organize the community leaders for capacity building training on ensuring safemigration.Identify spots, locations and places to install billboards, develop graffiti, signboard, X-stands and roll out them.
* Enhance capacity of the social mobilizers to facilitate pre-employment orientation.
* Promote gender and social equity in all project Interventions Adhere to conflict sensitive programme management and display conflict-sensitive Behavior
Organizational values and norms towards Safeguarding and PSEA
Prottyashi is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and expects staff to promote the welfare of children, young people and adults at all times. Prottyahi expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our Code of Conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate this commitment are recruited to work with us.
Required Educational Qualification and Experience
* Bachelor degree in any discipline from any reputed university preferably in social science, law.
* At least 01 years of professional experience in national or international organizations in the relevant job responsibilities.
★ Must have professional writing and speaking capacity in English and Bangla, i.e. field visit report, event report, case study/story, content writing, etc.
★Proficient with MS office suite
★Able to take decision in a timely manner, priorities and multi-task work seamlessly
★Must be able to drive Motorcycle and have a valid driving license (For male candidates only).
Salary and benefits: Monthly Net Salary will be 34,020 BDT with other admissible benefit such as provident fund and Festival Bonus Candidates need to be highly motivated and committed to Prottyashi’s vision, mission, and long-term development work to significantly improve the lives of the most vulnerable and marginalized. Candidates must be capable of displaying great learning agility, support and encourage knowledge sharing across projects, for the ultimate benefit of all of Prottyashi mission wide initiatives.Application instructions:Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions.The last date for application is 03/06/2023Apply InstructionorInterested applicants with relevant backgrounds have to apply with a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with a recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note:Prottyashi aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion.Women are particularly encouraged to apply.Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.Prottyashi has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards discrimination, harassment and abuse. All employees are expected to abide by the Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse & Child Protection Policy of Prottyashi.Internal and external applicants shall be treated equally in the entire selection process.To ensure transparent processes during recruitment, internal candidates should discuss potential applications with their Line Managers to ensure endorsement of their applications by respective Line Managers.There is no cost involved with applying for positions with Prottyashi. Any solicitation of job application costs should be regarded as fraudulent.Organization InformationPROTTYASHI
A Voluntary Social Development Organization
Syed Bari, 903/A Omar Ali Matobbar Road (Near Bahaddar Bari)
Phone: +88-031-658222, +88-031-2550506