How long does it take to digest any food ?
Digestion plays an important role in keeping our body healthy and well. Digestion is not just about breaking down food and providing the body with essential nutrients. After eating, it reaches the stomach through the esophagus. The stomach contains a variety of digestive juices, acids and about 1 trillion beneficial bacteria that help the food to be fully processed. The lower part of the stomach constricts and expands at regular intervals so that the digestive juices mix with the food. Most of us don’t know how long it takes to digest a food!
Let’s not know how long any food stays in the stomach!
- It usually takes 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes to digest food.
- Water: Water is usually easy to digest, it stays in the stomach for a very short time. But water should not be consumed during or after meals. It causes digestive problems while eating other foods.
- Vegetables: Raw and cooked vegetables usually take an average of 30-40 minutes to be digested.
- Fish: It takes 45-60 minutes.
- Chicken 90 minutes – 120 minutes.
- It takes an average of one and a half hours to digest moderately fat dairy products.
- Almond meal 3 hours.
- Milk, milk food, cheese 120 minutes.
- Fruit / fruit juice / jam-jelly 15-20 minutes.
- Red meat / beef, mutton 3 hours.
- Rice, bread, potatoes 30 minutes-45 minutes.
- Fatty meats, pork can be digested for more than three hours.
However, the process of digestion of food can be more / less time consuming in different parts of the human body. If you know this timing of food, it is possible to avoid various problems.
How long does it take to digest any food ? How long does it take to digest any food ? How long does it take to digest any food ? How long does it take to digest any food ?