BRAC Job Circular (New Circular)
BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. The organisation was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 and acts as a catalyst, creating opportunities for people to transform their lives. BRAC believes in integrity, inclusiveness, effectiveness, and innovation in all areas of work. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity, through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. It operates in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes, and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor.
BRAC Enterprises, the social enterprise and investment division of BRAC were initiated as intervention to serve a need or create market access for the marginal producers. BRAC social enterprises provide value chain linkages, support employment for poor communities and generate profits which contribute to our development programmes. Aspiring to meet the triple bottom line we incorporate serving the needs of the poor and being friendly to the planet with making a profit. Profitable and scalable businesses make significant contributions to the local economy through market linkages, entrepreneurial activity and better employment opportunities. BRAC Enterprises, currently based in Bangladesh, are committed to ending conditions of poverty and also generate significant revenues, fifty (50) percent of which are reinvested into BRAC development activities.
Officer, Sales (BRAC Fisheries)
- Conduct farmer survey to evaluate their needs and identify selling possibilities
- Actively seek out sales opportunities by exploring new markets, conducting planned sales calls and networking among the related stakeholders
- Deliver appropriate message on products and services to the customers to generate demand
- Visit clients, listen to their opinion/ complaints, identify problem and provide appropriate solution
- Arrange online technical training for fish farmers
- Build strong relationship with clients to ensure sustained sales year after year
- Prepare daily, monthly, yearly report on sales performance, market survey etc and timely reporting to supervisor
- Conduct market survey and data collection, analyze competitors’ price and sales policy and submit these reports to supervisor as and when required
- Conduct FTP (Farmer Training Program) & DEP ( Dealer Engagement Program)
- Report to the line management on any unusual/ unexpected results and any other special market observation/ information with proper explanation
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
The candidate should have Graduation/Masters in Business Administration (Marketing)/Fisheries or any discipline with minimum 2nd class/ division or CGPA or equivalent result in all academic examinations
At least 2 year(s)
- Must have knowledge in Sales, Distribution and Marketing, Market Trend & Competition, Customer behavior, Fish Farming
- Must have good communication skills (Active Listening and Speaking),
- Must have Persuasion & Negotiation skills , Networking, Time Management, Reporting and documentation skills
- Must be Adaptable/ Flexible, Self-driven, result oriented, socially oriented and able to manage Stress
Must be able to drive motorcycle and having a valid driving license
Salary and Benefits
Other Benefits: Health & Life Insurance Benefit, Festival Bonus, Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity and others
Job Location: Anywhere
Last Apply Date: 17/Aug/2021
BRAC believes that everyone we work with including our staff, partners, programmer participants and the community has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We uphold human dignity and inclusion rights for all, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability, ethnic origin or socio-economic condition. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from women and gender-diverse individuals. We welcome persons with disabilities to apply. We nurture a culture where all individuals have the opportunity to realize their potential. Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification of candidature